SOCIAL MEDIA ACTION ALERT TO FOLLOW
We have 2 important bills scheduled for hearings on Tuesday! The legislature does not meet Monday due to MLK Jr Day so please make sure you make your phone calls and send your emails ASAP today! If you must wait until the weekend to make contact that’s fine but today is better! Drop what you’re doing and take 5 minutes to reach out. These calls and emails make a HUGE difference, as we’ve already seen. SB 135 was shredded down to nothing thanks to our calls and emails and SB 128 will likely pass with full support next week! Success!!
STEP 1: Call AND Email your State Representative re:
To find your State level House Rep go here:
Here is an example letter you may use/extrapolate from to write your own email and use as talking points. I found it most effective to send the email first and then call their office to let them know I’d emailed them and it was urgent so wanted to follow up to be sure they received it. This makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE in whether or not they actually read the email. Many do not otherwise because they get so many emails! You can call the House of Representatives switchboard here and ask for your legislator by name:
I’m writing to you about something I’m very concerned about as one of your constituents! I hope you weigh my concerns carefully as you head into the full House hearing on this bill on Tuesday.
I have serious problems with this bill.
1. It targets the poor. If it’s so important, why not the entire population?
2. The flu vaccine is THE most dangerous vaccine there is according to the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. Just look for yourself here:
3. The flu shot is THE LEAST effective of all vaccines with a 10% efficacy rate. WHY on earth would we ADVERTISE (a FOR PROFIT vaccine at taxpayer expense) a failing product for which NO ONE but taxpayers are liable for injury or death? Especially to POOR people on assistance ANYWAY? Their injuries would only cost The State more in resources because if they become TOTALLY disabled, they’ll never get off assistance and we’ll be paying for their housing, insurance and care longer, if not for the rest of their lives. Most people don’t even KNOW they can’t sue manufacturers for injury or death. Most people don’t know there’s a compensation program (at taxpayer expense) that can take a decade to adjudicate or dismissed entirely.
10% efficacy evidence here:
4. IF this BAD BILL passes, it will be the first step to mandate vaccines for anyone on any type of public assistance. I WILL NOT allow that to happen in our great state.
5. This is scheduled for 2nd reading next Tuesday 1/16/18 @1:30. We are rallying in opposition that day. I will be there. I have a question about 2nd Readings, though. Is public testimony allowed at 2nd readings, or is our only hope to kill this in the house to rally outside of the chambers and put the evidence I linked to you above in our Representatives’ hands?
I’m looking very forward to your reply on this bill. I need the information about 2nd readings as soon as possible. Please call me or reply to this email as soon as you can.
As Always, THANK YOU, for all that you do for your constituents.
STEP 2: Email THEN CALL Senator Ed Charbonneau (Chairman of the Senate Health and Provider Services Committee) and PLEAD with him to call to a hearing for
This is the bill we lobbied for! This bill requires all schools at registration to inform parents of their right to religious and medical exemptions from vaccination. Currently schools are NOT following the law by telling partial truths. They will tell parents that their children can be kicked out of school for not being up-t0-date on vaccines but do NOT tell them that they have a right to an exemption. Section 3 of The Indiana Constitution says “No law shall, in any case whatever, control the free exercise and enjoyment of religious opinions, or interfere with the rights of conscience.” Every citizen of the state of Indiana has the right to exempt their child from vaccines if it goes against their conscience!
Schools are operating outside the law with the full support of the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDOH). We have contacted the ISDOH, Senator Jim Tomes has contacted the ISDOH, and private citizens have contacted the ISDOH, and they are WILLFULLY refusing to act. This leads us to believe that this is how they operate and they are supporting the obfuscation. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS! That is why this bill is needed and Senator Ed Charbonneau needs to know about this so he can call a hearing for this bill!
Dear Senator Charbonneau,
I am writing you today to discuss the urgency of SB 18 and why the state of Indiana NEEDS you to call this bill for a hearing. School districts are lying to parents by stating that their child will be excluded from school if their vaccines are not up to date. The need for this bill comes from the schools only telling part truths. The law says vaccines are required for school entry and just below that, in the same code, it allows for religious and medical exemptions. When schools quote the first half of the law without including the 2nd half, they are intentionally deceiving parents of their legal right to exempt their children from vaccines. What other company, never mind a government agency (public schools), would be allowed to misquote the law in order to coerce the public to achieve a desired result?
Here is a link where you can see some examples we compiled of the schools willfully deceiving parents about vaccine requirements.
These schools are under the direction of the Indiana State Department of Health who has refused to act after many attempts by us and by Senator Tomes to force the schools to operate within the law. It is for that reason that we can no longer trust the oversight of the ISDOH in this regard.
As you can see, this bill is absolutely needed! Schools must be held to the same standard as everyone else in our state and should not be allowed to misguide parents of their legal rights. Please call SB 18 for a hearing and demand schools follow the law by providing true informed consent to parents and constituents in this great state.
Ed Charbonneau contact info: (317) 232-9494
STEP 3: JOIN us at the Statehouse Tuesday January 16th!
We have created a Facebook event for our Rally before the HB 1058 hearing (Influenza Information to Section 8 housing residents). You can find that event . Please come join us at the rally with signs if you can so we can change the hearts and minds of the legislators as they walk in to vote!
We have another rally that same morning in Opposition of SB 294 regarding CBD oil. We support the free access to CBD oil in Indiana as all other 49 states have! SB 294 seeks to limit the use of CBD oil only to those who are on a registry and who carry a medical card. We OPPOSE this bill unless the registry component is removed and free access is given to all! You can find our Facebook event for that rally .
STEP 4: Stay tuned for part 2 of this action alert to follow immediately!
We are organizing a Social Media Storm about a very important issue and will share all about it in the next post. That post will be up within the hour!